Trimming Solutions for Every Season
We’re known for our easy-to-install trimming solutions, but did you also know we have trimming solutions for every season? Absolutely, yes, we love helping you make every room of your home look polished, help keep critters out, and also lower your energy bills. But our flexible trim solution is just one of the many ways we like to help homeowners!
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, one out of every four in-home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems. And, one of every 32 reported Christmas tree fires results in death. Scary, right? We were shocked when we saw these statistics and of course, since trimming is all we think about, we wanted to share some helpful safety tips for tree trimming season.
How to Safely Trim Your Tree this Holiday Season
As our company is known for trimming solutions that protect our customers and the environment, providing these tree trimming tips to keep your family safe during the holidays just makes sense!
- Only use lights approved by a recognized laboratory, such as underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Check lights for cracks and frayed ends. In this case, don’t cover your crack, discard it!
- Toss out old strings of lights that don’t have fuses. (Fuses are what prevent sparks in the event of a short circuit.)
- Use only non-flammable decorations.
- Don’t put candles on your tree.
- Keep heat sources like fireplaces and baseboard heat away from your tree.
- Turn your lights off when you leave the house, and when you go to bed.
- Don’t water your tree when the lights are on.
- Keep your tree stand full of water.
- Discard your tree when it becomes dry and starts dropping needles.
No one wants to end up like Clark Griswold, or something worse.
Tree Safety from the Trim Experts Paragraph
Our entire team lives to help homeowners create safe, beautiful spaces they’re proud to live in, and share with their loved ones. During the holidays, people decorate and display their trees in these spaces. Keeping your home and Christmas trees safe is all in how they’re trimmed!
Hold Christmas tree safety in the palm of your hand by safely trimming, monitoring, and maintaining your Christmas tree.