New Year. No Fear of DIY!
You may have made a New Year’s resolution for self-improvement, but what about home improvement? For some, a do-it yourself strategy comes easy and brings great satisfaction. For others, the thought of it makes their heart race loudly, like the sound of a power saw; brum-brum-brum-rrrrrrrrr!
Don’t be afraid to DIY! Start small and work your way up. Set a goal to improve your home, one room at a time. Do-it-yourself home improvement saves you money and can open the door to new ideas and good looks, for your home that is.
InstaTrim™ is a great product to cut your DIY teeth on because it’s easy to apply and will give you immediate satisfaction with a clean, fresh look in any room. Start in the bathroom, where there tends to be the greatest need to replace moldy caulk by trimming around toilets, sinks and showers.
Follow these important, but easy steps for prepping and applying InstaTrim™:
- Use a sharp blade to cut away and remove all existing silicone caulk.
- Use a wire brush to remove stubborn silicone oils and residue.
- Thoroughly wipe the surface with acetone to remove any remaining residue left on the service.
- Peel back the liner from the InstaTrim™ strip.
- Hold the end of the strip with the adhesive side facing the corner.
- Line up the first 2-3 feet of the strip and press into place every 4-6 inches.
- Repeat with the next 2-3 feet until complete.
- Trim the finished end of the strip using a scissors or razor blade. (Tip: adding 1/8” will ensure a tight fit.)
- When the entire area is covered, firmly press the strip into the corner again, and run your finger along the strip to ensure the strip is bonded to the surface.
- DO NOT STRETCH THE INSTATRIM STRIP AS THIS MAY CAUSE THE ENDS TO PEEL BACK.
InstaTrim™ makes caulking easy. It’s mold and mildew resistant and you get a perfect line every time. No drying time is needed and if you chose to paint, it is ready to paint immediately.
You can hire a plumber or contractor or you can cost effectively do it yourself with THE Universal Trim Solution. Happy New Year!