Mold and mildew like to gather in shower corners, but there is a way to help prevent it. Our customer, Ashleigh V. of Garner North Carolina is renovating an older home and she recently installed InstaTrim® in her shower. You first met Ashleigh within our blog post on November 19th, after she had covered the cracks around the toilet and baseboards of her bathroom with InstaTrim.
The shower was a challenge for Ashleigh because as hard as builders try, it’s difficult to get a wall to meet a ceiling, without any gaps in between. Ashleigh found that InstaTrim could cover that gap, while creating an attractive, clean trim line. And, she doesn’t have to worry about it collecting mold and mildew because it’s resistant, durable, long-lasting and easy to clean. It’s also odorless and non-toxic.
When you apply InstaTrim to your walls and ceilings, be sure to splice the corners for smooth seams.
Here are some tips:
- Butt the flat end of the strip against the adjacent wall.
- Cut the end of the next strip at a compound angle to overlap the strip that is in place.
This will leave the end of the strip without adhesive, so you will need to apply a small dab of permanent glue to adhere to the two pieces at the seam to ensure adhesion.
- Overlap the beginning end of the second strip onto the first strip.
- InstaTrim must be at room temperature to ensure proper adhesive bonding.
- If painting, we recommend applying at least two coats of paint over InstaTrim to create a smooth, professional finish.
- Be sure to push the strips straight into the corner.
- Do not stretch or pull strips as you work.
Congratulations, Ashley on a job well done! Keep up the good work!