Peel and Stick Caulk Strips Fix Your Drafty Windows and Doors
Peel and Stick Caulk Strips by InstaTrim are the better solution for weatherproofing gaps in your drafty window and door moldings. We had this problem - and you - in mind when we developed InstaTrim. As we are in Scandia, Minnesota, we definitely understand season changes and turbulent temperatures. You could say we know how to.. peel and stick it out through all four seasons!
Anyway, generally when it comes to weatherproofing your home for consistent air temperature, its mostly the dead of winter and the dog days of summer where you really notice poorly insulated or gaps in windows and doors. That said, we know how great it is to stop hot and cold airflow from coming inside your home at any time of the year.
- When its cold enough outside to see your breath, you don't want jack frost nipping at your nose while "Zooming" from home.
- When its hot and humid enough outside to go to an outdoor hard rock concert, you don't want to 'welcome in the jungle' either, right?
Thankfully, Instatrim provides a good weatherproof (and bug-proof!) seal on windows and doors to help fight hot and cold climate changes in your home.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, weatherstrip sealing an old or especially drafty house can save more than 20% on heating and cooling bills because your furnace and air conditioner don’t have to work as hard to keep you comfortable.
How can you tell if doors and windows are drafty and need flexible trim?
- Wait for a windy day and stand by a window or door to see if you feel a breeze.
- Light a match or candle, stand by a door or window and watch how the flame and smoke react. Be careful with that!
- Ask a professional to help. Many cities or counties have an option for a free or paid energy audit in your home. A technician will arrive with tools like infrared sensors to assist with which areas you should fix - and of course we suggest you use InstaTrim to resolve those menacing drafty windows and doors.
Do your door and window gap issues need different sizes and colors to fix?
As door and window styles and colors vary, thankfully so does InstaTrim! Our peel and stick caulk strips come in multiple materials and sizes.
How hard is it to apply InstaTrim to fix my leaky door or window?
A core difference with InstaTrim is we are the only flexible trim with patented, self-centering wings to assure uniform positioning and a maintenance-free barrier that resists mold and mildew. We also include a lot of helpful hints and guides on this website!
Use InstaTrim™ peel and stick caulk strips to fix your drafty windows and doors indoors or out without the need to use messy caulk. Don't take our word for it, check out our success stories or testimonials here, on Google and on Amazon!