When you choose InstaTrim®, you’re buying a flexible, self-adhesive trim strip. Homeowners and contractors love how easy it is to install, with no mess or waste. They also appreciate the fact that lengths of the product can be spliced together with a technique that ensures a great finish in a line and in corners. The inventor of InstaTrim would like to share that technique with you, so you know exactly what to do for successful installation.
6 easy steps for splicing InstaTrim in a line:
- Measure, cut and lay your first piece of InstaTrim
- Pull back the end of the piece that is now in place
- Place a piece of scrap tile under the trim strip
- Put a sharp razor blade at a 45° angle on the strip and gently push to cut
- Measure your next piece of InstaTrim and flip the end over, so the adhesive is facing up and push to cut at a 45° angle so the two ends will overlap
- Optional: place a drop of Super Glue on the end of the one of the strips where they will overlap to ensure the seam will last, and press to connect the two pieces together
The result is a perfect line that looks great!
7 easy steps for splicing InstaTrim in corners:
Measure, cut and lay your first piece of InstaTrim, pressing it tightly into the corner with the end butted against the perpendicular wall
- Measure and cut the length of the second strip for the perpendicular wall
- Place a piece of scrap tile under the trim strip so you don’t scratch the surface
- Turn the strip over so the adhesive side is up
- Place a sharp razor blade at a 45°-degree angle on the end of the strip, tilt the razor blade back at a 45°-degree angle and push to cut, making a compound cut
- Connect and install this piece into the corner by overlapping the end so it covrers the existing piece
- Optional: place a drop of Super Glue on the end of the cut strip to ensure the seam will last and press to connect the two pieces together
- Press the rest of the InstaTrim strip into place
The result is an angled corner that fits together and looks great!